Sunday, August 05, 2007

Relay For Life

Friday and Saturday was the Rice County Relay for Life. I was out at the high school track setting things up at noon on Friday. The relay started at 7:00 pm and ended at 7:00 am. I think I was back at home by 7:30 Saturday morning. This was my first relay and it seemed like everything went well. We had 6 teams raise money and walk. Overall we raised over $13,000 for the American Cancer Society. We had about 30 survivors walk the survivor lap. There were 664 luminaries surrounding the LHS track. I think it was a successful event. We'd like to raise more money and they have in the past so I guess we have a goal for next year. Thanks to all of those who participated and gave time, money, or in-kind donations to the event and the American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Rice County. The money raised goes to research and finding a cure for cancer. The survivors are proof that we have come a long way and it can be overcome. We must keep fighting. Someday there will be a cure. Thanks again to all involved and if you weren't there is always next year!


The RC Dawgs came out early and filled luminary bags with sand and placed them around the track. This helped out alot!




Adria's sister brought Jonathan out to the Relay. He has a Relay outfit on!

My mom and Brittany helped in the concession stand. Brittany went to my house and got Cheyenne about 9:15. She liked walking around the track! She would rather have a piggy back ride sometimes though!

Cheyenen and I walking around the track.

The luminary Brittany and I purchased in Honor of our Grandma who has survived cancer.

Cheyenne looking at Great Grandma's bag.

The American Cancer Society staff that comes from Wichita. Sandy, the one on the right, is originally from Lyons.

My mom and Adria working in the concession stand.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm glad it was a success!