Today is my 3 year anniversary at the Lyons Recreation Commission and Iron Works Fitness. I know 3 years isn't a milestone or anything but I'm amazed that I remembered it was today. I also want to thank Junior and Staci for being so wonderful to work for and with. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have learned a lot in the last 3 years. I've learned so much more than my degree taught me. In the rec field, they always say experience is so important. I've come to realize that. Classes can't teach you how to deal with parents, coaches, officials or any other person involved with recreation activities. I'm glad that I was able to get a job with a recreation commission in a small town. I enjoy dealing with people one-on-one and knowing who the kids and parents are and can put a face with a name. It's also nice to get to know those people when you see them on the street. I don't think I have made anyone mad enough that they won't say hi when I see them around town! I have gained many responsibilities also. Some of them have been a little overwhelming, such as the baseball and softball scheduling this year, but I'm glad I have the opportunity to learn how to do them and also ways to improve in the future. The LRC has tackled several issues in these 3 years. It's been interesting learning how to deal with certain things that happen that you can never really be prepared for. We've also had some honors, like being able to host a regional baseball tournament. I look forward to my future in the recreation field at the Lyons Recreation Commission. I've learned so much but there is so much more for me to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the past THREE years!!!! You have been such an enormous asset to the LRC! It's hard for me to believe that we ever got along without you!
Post a Comment