The picture I posted yesterday could be the last picture you see of Cheyenne with her mimi (what she calls her pacifier) in her mouth. On Wednesday, my mom watched Cheyenne from about 1:00 until almost 10:00. During that time Cheyenne didn't have her mimi at all! She found one when she got back to our house and had it when she went to bed. Yesterday when she was eating breakfast I took it and she didn't have it all day! She took a nap and even went to sleep last night without it! We'll keep going and make sure we hide them all and hopefully getting rid of the mimi won't be difficult!
So far it has actually been easy for her to quit cold turkey. We quit nursing on Memorial Day and didn't have any problems. At that time she was only nursing at night and went to sleep without it just fine. A plus for me was that I wasn't in pain like most people say they were. I think it was because I wasn't producing very much milk and I'm pregnant. The next time may be a little rougher! Now giving up the mimi has been easy (so far...we'll give it a week or so)! Now we'll see how potty training goes! I hope her brother or sister is this easy! We have been very blessed with the normal rough times that people go through with their infants and toddlers. Ours have gone smoothly! Thank you God!
So far it has actually been easy for her to quit cold turkey. We quit nursing on Memorial Day and didn't have any problems. At that time she was only nursing at night and went to sleep without it just fine. A plus for me was that I wasn't in pain like most people say they were. I think it was because I wasn't producing very much milk and I'm pregnant. The next time may be a little rougher! Now giving up the mimi has been easy (so far...we'll give it a week or so)! Now we'll see how potty training goes! I hope her brother or sister is this easy! We have been very blessed with the normal rough times that people go through with their infants and toddlers. Ours have gone smoothly! Thank you God!
Here is the first picture of her every taking a pacifier. She really didn't want it back then.
And hopefully the last picture of her with a pacifier in her mouth. This time she is a little attached to it!
2 comments:
Yay Cheyenne! Actually...it's probably harder for you than for her right now! lol Congrats!
chasidy also called hers mimi, not sure where that came from. i'd never heard it called that before. so glad for all of you that it's going so well!!
Post a Comment