(I tried to post this last night with pictures but it wouldn't let be add the pictures. I tried again today but with no luck so I will attempt to post the pictures later.)
Sunday my mom and I went to Hutch to get some clothes from a guy we met almost a year ago. OK, for those of you who haven't heard the story...here it is. My mom, sisters and I were registering for baby things at Wal-Mart last December when a guy came up to us and said, "This might be a weird question, but do you guys have a crib?" My mom and I looked at each other a little puzzled and mom said she still had the one that all 4 of us kids slept in. We didn't have a crib yet. He said he had just taken this one apart and wanted to get rid of it and wanted $30 for it. We figured it wouldn't hurt to go look at it. It was a white metal frame crib and we was selling the crib, mattress and bedding set for $30. We thought it was a good deal and would find someplace for the crib. He also had a bouncy seat, 2 activity centers, a sink bath tub, bath tub ring, and monitor he also wanted to sell. We got all of that stuff including the crib for $65. As we were walking out he threw in a diaper pail also. We didn't know what the gender of our baby would be at that time but he said if we have a girl, give him a call and he would have some clothes for us. Since we had a girl, we called him up and Scott and I went to see what he had for clothes. He had lots and we came home with 6 trash bags full of clothes, shoes and even a Halloween costume (which you will see in a couple weeks!). Most of the clothes were Old Navy, Baby Gap, Lucky, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and other brand names. When we got the clothes we also bought a jumparoo from him.
Since Cheyenne had outgrown all of the clothes we got the first time we decided to call him and see what he had in the 12 months size. (She basically skipped the 6-9 months) They weren't sure because their daughter was tiny and may still be able to wear some of this size clothing (she will be 2 in January). I was a little disappointed. Except I did get to go shoppig for some clothes for her. I called him again the other day and he said they had some clothes they were ready to get rid of. So, on Sunday mom and I came home with 2 trash bags full of clothes and 2 coats. Alot of these outfits were from the Children's Place and Old Navy. They also had Ecko, Lucky and Ralph Lauren. Cheyenne should be set for the winter. A lot of the outfits are three pieces with pants, a shirt and jacket. There were probably 8 outfits or so that still had tags on them!
I'm excited to put her in the outfits and dresses. I hope she stays at this size for a little while. At least through the winter! There are some really cute outfits! I spent $200 on these clothes but I shouldn't have to buy any for several months! And the brands are expensive brands. It was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment