Blogger won't let me upload any pictures right now so I will add it later.
___________________________________________________________
Ok...here is my dilemma: Scott and I are thinking about taking a little vacation in November. We are probably going to drive up north somewhere. He was thinking either Yellowstone or Niagra Falls. It is about a 20 hour drive either place I think. Niagra is a little farther. Do we take Cheyenne with us or leave her with family? In some ways I want to take her but in some I don't. Scott and I have never had a vacation like this by ourselves before but that is our fault. It would be a lot of time in the truck for her too. But it would be a nice first family vacation and she is young enough that she wouldn't complain too much. I don't know if I am ready to leave her for about 4 or 5 days yet. I've only spent one night without her since she was born and that wasn't even a real night. ( we got home at 3:15 am and I was at my mom's to pick her up at 7:45 am) I would have to pump a lot if she didn't go since I am still nursing. That may be a little inconvenient at times. Am I a bad mom for leaving my child at home? Will Scott and I enjoy ourselves or will we worry about how Cheyenne is doing? Will we enjoy ourselves if she goes and we can't do somethings because she is fussy or too young? I keep going back and forth with myself on what to do. If anyone has advice please feel free to give it.
___________________________________________________________
Ok...here is my dilemma: Scott and I are thinking about taking a little vacation in November. We are probably going to drive up north somewhere. He was thinking either Yellowstone or Niagra Falls. It is about a 20 hour drive either place I think. Niagra is a little farther. Do we take Cheyenne with us or leave her with family? In some ways I want to take her but in some I don't. Scott and I have never had a vacation like this by ourselves before but that is our fault. It would be a lot of time in the truck for her too. But it would be a nice first family vacation and she is young enough that she wouldn't complain too much. I don't know if I am ready to leave her for about 4 or 5 days yet. I've only spent one night without her since she was born and that wasn't even a real night. ( we got home at 3:15 am and I was at my mom's to pick her up at 7:45 am) I would have to pump a lot if she didn't go since I am still nursing. That may be a little inconvenient at times. Am I a bad mom for leaving my child at home? Will Scott and I enjoy ourselves or will we worry about how Cheyenne is doing? Will we enjoy ourselves if she goes and we can't do somethings because she is fussy or too young? I keep going back and forth with myself on what to do. If anyone has advice please feel free to give it.
1 comment:
It is so hard the first time being away. Jake was about 4 months old when we went away for 3 days and 2 nights to watch a Broncos game. Then when he was 10 months old I had surgery and he went and stayed with Grandma Goalden in Hugoton while I recovered. I almost made it a week that time!! It is hard, but I remember having fun with Mike while at Denver. Adult meals, the whole night of sleeping...deciding at the last minute to do something and getting to do it. I also remember the tears and calling home 15 times! LOL!!! It will be fun either way - just different than what you would have done just the two of you!!! Just no spur of the moment decisions with Cheyenne along. You will have to make sure you have diapers and wipes and etc...etc..etc.. HA! Have Fun though!!! Aunt Sonya
Post a Comment