Thursday, October 05, 2006

Helpless

Before bed last night Cheyenne went into a coughing fit. We gave her a drink of juice and then I nursed her and she was fine. She coughed several times through the night. At 6:15 or so this morning I put her in bed with me because she was coughing. She would cough and then let out a short cry. She had these spells every so often. I got up about 7:45 and figured she wouldn't be far behind. To my surprise she slept until 9:30. She hasn't slept that late for several weeks so I know she wasn't feeling well. She has still been coughing a bit today. Of course her dr. is out of the office and I had to have someone else call me back. They said it was probably due to drainage which I could tell because of the sound of her cough. We can give her some children's robitusin but the best thing to do is us a saline solution to clean out her nose. So tonight we will do the "joyous" job of spraying that in her nose and suctioning it out.

She has taken several naps while with me at work today so hopefully that will help her. She sleeps and then wakes up with a cry (which she usually doesn't do, she usually wakes up with a smile :) ). She has been a little fussy but that's understandble. I just wish I could do more to help her feel better. You just wish that they could tell you what hurts or what they want. Even though she hasn't felt well today she still has her cute smile, just not as often. I just hope she gets over this soon and is back to her normal happy self again.

This is the happy baby I want to see!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I hope she's feelin' better today! I'm glad she took some naps yesterday. She didn't seem fussy to me at all (of course I only saw her for about 30 minutes)! She was still all smiles!