Friday, February 22, 2008

Thank You Staci

Today is a sad day for the LRC and Iron Works. Today is Staci's last day working for the LRC and Iron Works Fitness. She has worked there 7 1/2 years. I have had the pleasure of working with her for 3 1/2 years. When she started it was only the recreation commission. In 2003, she worked hard to add a fitness center. Iron Works Fitness has been a great asset to the people of Lyons and Rice County. Staci also added the aerobics room with mirrors and a suspended floor so they didn't have to do aerobics upstairs in the huge gymnasium. All of this was done before I started working for the LRC. Since 2004, when I started, Staci has done many things to improve the quality of the LRC and Iron Works Fitness, including but not limited to, adding 2 tanning beds and the ROM. The Christian values that Staci brought to the LRC encouraged the rest of us to live our lives for God. She even led some people to him who needed him in their lives. Everyone who came in to workout at 5:30 in the morning could always be greeted by Staci's smiling face. Not too many can be perky at 5:30 am, Staci was! She brought so much to the LRC and Iron Works. She is going to be missed tremendously.


On Monday, I will be filling her position as Assistant Superintendent. I will take the title of Assitant Superintendent but am not sure I can fill Staci's shoes. I am afraid that I won't do the job as well as she did.


Thank you Staci for all that you've done for the LRC, Iron Works and the community of Lyons as a whole.




Most importantly, thanks for being my friend.



We will miss Brody too. Cheyenne won't know who to play with at the rec. I will miss being able to say "You want to go play with Brody?" and see her get excited and say "Body!". I think he was her first friend. I hope they always remember each other. Afterall, he was the first guy she slept with!

WE LOVE YOU AND WISH YOU THE BEST IN TEXAS!

1 comment:

Staci said...

We're gonna miss you so much too! Thank you for those sweet words. Of course, you have me in tears! Don't worry...we won't let Brody forget his first girlfriend ;) He's been talking about y'all all afternoon. "RaeAnn...home. Cheyenne...home. Scott...home" lol!

As for the job...I think you'll do an AWESOME job as the Asst. Superintendent! I think you're a perfect fit for the LRC and am so glad that we hired...I just wish it'd been sooner!

Love you!!!