Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Going Away "Party"

I don't like to call it a "party" because we don't like to celebrate this occasion. My coworker for the last 3 1/2 years, Staci, is moving to Texas the end of this month. We had a "party" for her on Sunday. The attendance wasn't real great but I guess others don't like to think about her leaving either. She does still have a couple weeks left at the LRC. Her last day is the 22nd and I return from maternity leave the 25th. I won't actually work with her again. :( I have enjoyed working with her the last 3 1/2 years. We don't work together but a few minutes every day because she works in the mornings and I work the evenings. I enjoyed going to conferences, on the spring break trip and working tournaments when we got to spend more time together. We didn't just talk about work, we talked about life. Especially when we were pregnant at the same time and had our children. It was nice to discuss what was happening to our bodies while pregnant with someone who was experiencing the same thing! Our kids loved playing together too! As they have gotten older they get into more and we only wonder what the next few years would have had instore for them if they still got to "Play" at the LRC. I think they would be running the place! Cheyenne will be going to daycare when I return to work but we will miss walking in and Brody looking over the gate and saying "Chey, Chey". I'm gonna miss Staci tremendously but will get to stay in close contact because she will still be doing the books for the LRC. So several times a month I have to email her. But it just won't be the same.
Here are a few pictures from the "party"
Staci and Brody telling Brice, Torrey and Junior bye. Brice and Torrey worked at the LRC during the summers for several years. It was nice to see them come back for this occasion.

Tina, Staci, Brody, Cheyenne, Cheryl and I. Tina and I put the party on for Staci.

Manuel, one of Brody's favorite people in the gym!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Thanks for hosting the "party" for me! I think you had a good idea...we need to work together ONE MORE day this next week!