Friday, September 08, 2006

Long Day

Today has been a long day and I'm not quite sure why I am sitting here typing this post and not in bed. I got up and around this morning and took Cheyenne to work with me to get some things done that I knew would be easier in the morning so I could run the errands I needed to before I came back to work at 1:00. I was at work from 9:45 to 11:00 am. I went back to work at 1:00 and worked on getting some things ready for the youth football game Saturday. One of the things being finding officials. I lost sleep last night trying to think about who I could call to officiate. Finally about 4:00 I received a phone call from a guy in Assaria. Yeah, now I have 2 officials only need to find one more.

A friend of mine was going to watch Cheyenne for me tonight so she didn't have to stay at work with me all day so I took her over there a little before 5. My friend called later because Cheyenne was just screaming and crying. She wouldn't take a bottle or anything. I went over there and she was crying like I have never heard her cry before. I couldn't get her calmed down any other way besides nursing her so after that she seemed fine and was smiling and playful and I went back to work. It wasn't too long after I got back that my friend called again and Cheyenne was crying hysterically again. I went over there and this time she calmed down with just me holding her. I decided I would just take her back to work with me and hope she would let me get some things done. She was a little fussy but eventually took a nap. By this time it is about 7:30. I still don't have another official. My boss had suggested trying one of our board members so I called him and thank goodness he said he'd do it. I didn't have to do too much arm twisting. I still had to get some things ready for the football game and close the gym. I left work at 9:45 pm. I don't know why Cheyenne was so fussy but she is finally in bed and now I am ready to hit the sack also.

Here is a picture of Cheyenne sleeping at work the other day. She did take several naps at work today but was fussy in between. She is just a child that when not sleeping craves attention. So when she is at work I like it when she sleeps!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm so sorry you had such a long day! Sounds stressful!