With the new job I've been really busy and not home as much so I'm a little late in posting this and I've posted it backwards with my first day post but wanted to share these pictures with you.
October 29th was my last day as an employee at LRC. It was a sad day with many tears shed. I have worked there for 4 years. It was my first recreation job. I loved it! Junior and Staci and the board of commissioners were a great bunch of people to work for. It was an awesome job! I loved the people I met while working there. I miss them terribly. When Scott and I started our family and had Cheyenne they allowed me to take her to work with me. Then when Cheryl was born Cheyenne went to daycare, and Cheryl came to work with me. When I started working the morning shift and had to be to work by 5 am they both came with me. That was the best of both worlds. I got to spend time with my children and have a career. I thank them for allowing me to do that. I know there were times that my children were crying or a hindrance but it seemed to all work out. Now that I work 8 hours during normal day time the girls are going to daycare (and are there for about 10 hours because of the drive) and I miss them lots. I do spend more time in the mornings and evenings playing with them though. And we have the drive to talk and sing and be silly! I still shed a few tears when I think about what I left behind in Lyons but I thank everyone there for the experience I gained that got me the job of Director I have in Hoisington. I wasn't planning on leaving Lyons but this job just kind of fell in my lap. I have just completed my first week of work for HRC and I think it went well. I should know how to do most things and be on my own now. It's been and adjsutment to be in the highest authority position over people I don't really know. The board keeps telling me, "You're in charge!". I know it will take some time to get used to the change but I think I'm going to like it. Lyons will always have a special place in my heart and I plan on staying in contact with Junior and Trey and the many other people I met from there.
Cheryl saying good-bye to her 5 am friends. (Dwight is in the red shirt if you can see him!)
Tina and several of the other aerobics gals had a farewell brunch for me on my last day. It was wonderful.





2 comments:
I know it was hard to leave, but you'll do great as director...and maybe one day you'll go back ;)
It was fun to see the pics of Junior! I miss that guy!!
We miss you girl! I need to come work out with you so I can see your smiley face once in awhile :)
Post a Comment