Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Bye Mustang, Hello Malibu Maxx

I got my first car, a '96 Mustang, in the summer of '99. Monday I said good-bye to it.


It was a pretty good car and stayed running for 9 years for me! I made a lot of trips in it back & forth to Colby my first 2 years of college! It had 177,000 miles on it with a new motor at 60,000. It hadn't left town the last few years because it wasn't reliable but when Scott got the job at Bushton he started driving it to work. It got him there and back with not too many problems.



I took it to my first day of work at Hoisington and was headed to McPherson after work when a deer ran into me! Yes, he hit me, I didn't hit him. He hit the passenger side of the car and dented in the front fender, tore the mirror off, bent the antenna and dented in the door. We turned it into insurance and it totaled it. It was still drivable so Scott was still taking it to work but you couldn't open the passenger side door. We made the decision to let insurance take the car. The extra $500 was probably more than we could get out of it to sell it or salvage it.


Good Bye Mustang! :(


We had to have something to replace it so say hello to our new car!


Hello Malibu Maxx!


Scott found it online. It was for sale by an individual in Dodge City. On Sunday morning we headed to Dodge to check it out. We decided we would take it but the guy wouldn't take a personal check. We headed back home and went back when I got off work Monday evening with a cashier's check to get it.

I have been driving it to work now and really enjoy it. There's plenty of room and it has a remote start! That's going to come in handy this winter! It also gets much better gas mileage than the Tahoe! With the price of gas so low, $1.66 here, and good gas mileage, the 84 miles I drive every day won't hurt us as bad!
It was sad to say good-bye to my first car but I do enjoy my new one!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I bet it's a little easier to get the kids in and out of the new car!!

The Dalke's said...

That's still a nice, sporty looking car! I like it!