Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Director

Monday I started my new job as Director/Program Specialist for Hoisington Recreation Commission. The last 3 days have gone well. I know most things that are going on and have started working on activities for the next flyer. I have met quite few people so far. The Activity Center was the voting site for Hoisington so I saw lots of people come in and out on Tuesday. The Activity Center is pretty big so I'm still learning where everything is at. So far my days have gone fairly quickly, although I miss my girls. They both go to daycare all day while I work. They are in daycare in Bushton. I drop them off around 8:15 am on my way to Hoisington. I get off at 5:30 pm and woudl pick them up around 6. Mom has volunteered to pick them up the last couple days so it wasn't so late for them. It will be nice when I can get them in a daycare in Hoisington. I enjoy my new job but miss being with my girls so much and getting off at 1 pm. It's nice to sleep a little later though. I look forward to the duties of a director and hope that it all goes well. When our house sells we'll get moved to Hoisington so I won't be away from my girls as much and won't be spending an hour and a half on the road everyday.

The HRC board of commissioners sent me flowers on my first day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RaeAnn,
Congratulations on your new job!! I hope your house sells quickly. Tell everyone hi! Love, Carla