Since I haven't posted for awhile, here's an update on what's been going on.
Scott is working three weeks straight. He started the 13th and will finally get a day off on the 4th of December. Since he was working Cheyenne and I went out to my parents' for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a delicious lunch with all of my siblings, my parents, my grandparents and uncle. We enjoyed the meal and socialization. We played some games later in the afternoon and evening. When it was just us kids and mom and dad we played MAD GAB. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe!
Friday morning we decided to get up and head to Hutch to try and catch some of the good deals. We weren't crazy like some people who got there at 4 am but did get there at 7:30 am. Scott decided to go with us because he was talking 4 hours off that evening for when his brother and mom showed up and go into work at 9 pm. We found some good deals at Wal-Mart and Target and then headed to Lowe's to get my mom a new washer. She ended up with a new washer and dryer! We dropped Scott off at the house so he could take a nap and then headed out to my parents' house to drop off the washer and dryer. On our way home Scott's mom called and said the roads were terrible and there were lots of people in the ditch outside of Goodland and they were going to wait until the morning to come down. Scott and his brother were a little disappointed. We visited with Dustin and Ashley until Scott went to work and then Cheyenne and I went to bed shortly after that. Getting up at 5 am was a little early!
Saturday, Mable made it about noon and we waited for Scott to wake up and then we prepared our Thanksgiving meal. We bought a turkey fryer when we were in Hutch and Scott and Dustin fried the turkey. It was all very hummy! We went to McPherson later Saturday evening to see Scott's grandparents and family.
Sunday everyone headed home and Scott went to work and Cheyenne and I were left to find something to do. There was plenty of laundry to be done! Then we headed to bed early.
I had a doctor appointment Tuesday. Everything looks good. I have 8 weeks left. I have been having more back pain and it takes awhile for me to get comfortable in bed or sitting down. I'm not complaining too much though because at least I'm not as swollen and don't have high blood pressure like I did with Cheyenne. I hope I don't get to that point either.
That takes us to today. Now I'm caught up. Nothing exciting happening today. Hopefully I will do better about posting the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love to play Mad Gab. I laugh until tears stream! It is always so funny how people sound Swedish or French or from some other country when they say the phrases. It is a good time!
Post a Comment