Monday, April 02, 2007

One Year Ago



Today Cheyenne is 1 year old. I can't believe how fast the year has gone. At random times today I have thought about what I was doing a year ago at that time. I will try to recap it as I think about it today.

At 5:45 this morning Cheyenne woke up and I thought, "I was awake at this time a year ago." I had woken up at 4:30 at the end of a dream that I was in labor and that we had a girl. Then I realized that it wasn't a dream and I felt like I was really having contractions. But at that point Scott still thought we were having a boy.

At 11:15 this morning I asked Scott what we were doing at this time a year ago. He was cleaning the house and I was just relaxing and watching the clock.

Right now it is 1:57 and Scott and I were watching Pay it Forward and watching the clock, timing my contractions. Every once in awhile he would say, "Do we need to go?" I replied with "No, I think we can wait a little while."

It's 2:51 pm-contractions were getting closer together but we decided to finish the movie before we went to the hospital.

It's now 3:42 and we would have been just arriving at the hospital. When I got there I was dilated to a 6. So I got to stay. We were ready to have the baby.

It's now 5:25 pm and I don't remember exactly what was happening but I'm assuming I was walking the halls or sitting on the ball trying to get through the contractions.

Right now it's 6:06 and I think this was about the time they broke my water. It may have been a little sooner...I don't remember the time.

It's 8:26, at 7:28 our daughter Cheyenne Raymarie was born. I was probably getting back to my room holding our precious baby girl.

Now it has been exactly a year since she was born. As I recollect about that day a year ago I get tears in my eyes. Everything goes by so quickly. I have enjoyed this year and look forward to the years to come. I do miss the little things like her sleeping all the time and just lying in my arms without squirming. Even though those days are past, we will have many new things that will bring as much joy to our lives as all the milestones we've overcome so far. Happy Birthday to my baby girl!


1 comment:

Staci said...

Neat post! I can't believe it's already been a year. Time goes by so fast...when you're not pregnant! lol