Scott and I left for Chicago about 10:15 am Wednesday. We took Cheyenne out to my parents' and then left from there. It was hard to leave her but knew she was in good hands. We got to Chicago about 10:30 that night. The flow of traffic was 85 mph and people were still passing us! So we made pretty good time! We found a hotel in Bolingbrook, Illinois. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, we got up early and headed down town to watch the parade. It was a nice parade, a little cold, but ok. The blown up characters look a lot bigger on tv than they did in person. Here are a few pictures of the parade.



This is the biggest rubberband ball in the world! The snow man and Christmas tree are made out of rubberband balls too.

The Nutcracker on horseback.

Miss Illinois in her pink Hummer.
After the parade we walked down on the Navy Pier but most things were closed. So we went back to the hotel and decided to go back on Friday. We did a lot on Friday so I will post that info. later.
1 comment:
It seems like you had a great time in Chicago! It IS great huh!?! I bet you can't wait to take Cheyenne to Navy Pier when she is old enough! Not to mention shopping on Michegan Ave.!!!!! Well, I followed suit and am officially blogging! Time will tell if I can be close to as good as your blogging!!!! Well, we hope to see you soon!
love ya,
Aunt Sonya
Post a Comment