Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Doctor

After having a fever on Monday and Tuesday, Cheyenne was feeling better. That is until Sunday. When I got her dressed that morning she said I hurt her ear when I put her shirt on. I didn't think a whole lot about it. Her and Cheryl spent the afternoon at my parents' while Scott and I went out to eat. When we went to pick them up around 3:30, they were still asleep but Mom said Cheyenne had a fever again. We went home and she just got worse. We decided we better get her into the doctor on Monday. I was guessing she had an ear infection. Our usual doctor was booked yesterday so we saw another doctor at the same clinic. Chey of course didn't have a fever when we went to the doctor but when she looked in her ear she said it was not red. She has swimmer's ear. What? We've only been swimming once and she doesn't go underwater much so I don't know how she got it. Maybe in the shower? They have a little blow up pool but haven't swam it a whole lot either. And she doesn't put her head under hardly at all. I don't know. Anyway, we got a prescription for ear drops we have to put in her ear 4 times a day for 7-10 days. She didn't like it at first but then she was asking for them later in the evening because they made her ear feel better. They say the fever isn't associated with the swimmer's ear it may just be another virus. So if it comes back, which it did last night, just give her Tylenol. We'll keep an eye on that and see if we need to go back. Hopefully we're on the mend. We've got to be, school will be starting soon!

No comments: