Wednesday, September 24, 2008
From a Bad Start to an Even Worse Ending
So I thought yesterday morning was bad but yesterday evening was even worse. I was scheduled to officiate JV volleyball for Lyons High School at 5 pm. At around 3 pm I started feeling a little sick. I laid down for a little while and felt better. I knew I couldn't call and have them find a sub in 2 hours, well actually an hour and a half. I still felt a little queasy but I went and hoped I'd be ok. Before the first game started I was running to the bathroom throwing up. After that I felt better. I made it through the first game. I was the official on the floor so I didn't have to do a whole lot. For the next match I was to be up on the stand. I thought I felt well enough to do it. The first match was a close one and took awhile. Towards the end of it, I started feeling light headed. I got off the stand and headed to the bathroom. Nothing came out. I went back in, they were of course waiting on me. We decided it was best for me to stay on the floor. I felt better down there. There was a fan that was blowing on me so that helped. It was a little warm up on the stand. The AD got me a Sierra Mist and I drank that throughout the game. They told me I could go home and I said I would if I got sick again. I made it through all 3 games. I had called Scott after the first game and asked him to give the girls baths so I could go home and go to bed. He gave them baths and they were both in bed when I got home. I went straight to bed. It was 8:45. My body ached and I had a headache all through the night. I feel better this morning. Still weak and achy but better. Scott and I are supposed to go out this afternoon for our anniversary. I hope I continue to feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry you had such a rough day!!! Hope you're well now!
Post a Comment