Scott and Cheyenne helping me through the contractions. This was before they got too bad!
My mom had called the rec to tell me that my sisters won their basketball game and I wasn't there. So she called my cell and Scott told her we were at the hospital. The girls were in the locker room when mom went to tell them and Brittany didn't even get the soap washed out of her hair!
Mom and the girls got to the hospital and I was in pretty active labor. They stayed with me while Scott went home to change and get some things. When Scott got back, Mom and Brittany took Cheyenne to our house to get ready for bed. Staci stayed and helped me through the contractions. I don't know what time things happened but the next time they checked me I was at an 8 and Debbie, my doctor, broke my water. Now the contractions were getting stronger. These contractions were a lot more painful than when I had Cheyenne. As with Cheyenne, I didn't have any pain medication. They checked me again an hour later and I was still at an 8. Mom and Brittany got back with Cheyenne just in time! About 5-10 minutes later I had a contraction and I felt lots of pressure! The baby was coming! The nurse didn't think that it was really pressure that soon after checking me and being at an 8 but sure enough there was the head! Debbie came in and it was time to push. It took me a little longer pushing with Cheryl than Cheyenne. With Cheyenne it was only 17 minutes but with Cheryl it was about 45 or so (at least that's what Scott said, I wasn't looking at the clock!) At 11:57 Scott looked at me and said, "Are you going to have this baby today or tomorrow?" I said tomorrow and sure enough Cheryl Faye graced us with her presence at 12:01 am January 15th.
The pain is gone and our precious little girl is here!
1 comment:
I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly!
Post a Comment