Saturday, July 28, 2007

102.7

102.7 was Cheyenne's temerature when I took her to the doctor yesterday. She had had a temp of at least 100 all day on Thursday. Before bed on Thursday it was as high as 103. I had given her several doses of Motrin but it didn't go down. Most of the day she just wanted to be held. She would play for a little while but then not feel well again. Her temp was still almost 100 when she woke up Friday morning so I decided I to call and see if I could get her into the doctor before the weekend. Cheyenne's usual doctor isn't in on Fridays so we saw Dr. Simpson instead. He had blood drawn, which was difficult too. They pricked her finger but couldn't get enough so had to take it from a vein in her arm. The blood test showed that she had a viral infection. There wasn't any other medication we could give her except Motrin or Tylenol. He said to give it to her every 4 hours, even wake her up in the middle of the night to give it to her. After her dr. apt. I went back to work for a little while but decided to take her home and stay home with her. Dr. Simpson said she shouldn't be around other kids right now. I finished up some things at work, disinfected some things, had someone come in to workfor me and headed home. She did ok for a little while at home but then was feeling bad again. I gave her a bath and we laid in the recliner and both fell asleep.

Today she was playing better and her temp was down. I still have her Motrin and Tylenol. We had a wedding at 3:00 and during the reception she started feeling bad again. She was getting hot again. I was with my mom and sister so we headed home.

Dr. Simpson said this could last 4-5 days so hopefully it gets better soon. Sunday will be 4 days. If it's not better Monday we may be headed back to the doctor.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oh man! I was hoping it was just a tooth or something minor. I hope she feels better soon!!! Giver her a hug from me.