Thursday, April 02, 2009

I'm the Mother of a Three Year Old!

Today I am the mother of a 3 year old! I can't believe that Cheyenne is 3. Time has gone by so fast. Today she went with Scott to Goodland for 3 days. They will be back sometime Saturday. We let her open a few presents this morning, three of them being movies she could take to grandpa's to watch. We also let her open the gifts from Nana and Aunt Cheryl. She loved it all! We're going to have her party on Sunday and she's having a friend spend the night! It should be fun! I have some pictures of her opening presents this morning but don't have them with me right now. I'll post them later.

Turning 3 is life changing. She told me last night that she was bigger now. This morning she didn't want a little bowl for her cereal, she wanted a big one because she was a big girl! My baby is growing up. :( As fast as these 3 years have gone I can only imagine how fast the many years to come will go. I just want to sit and hold her while I still can. She's getting kind of big to hold but I can't turn down the feel of her wrapping her arms and legs around me and laying her head on my shoulders. I want her to be my little girl forever. I do look forward to all the fun we'll have as mother and daughter as she gets older though. I'm just trying to enjoy every minute that I can.

I love you Cheyenne! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Staci said...

We thought about Chey all day yesterday. I still can't believe she's THREE!