Monday, June 30, 2008

Relay For Life

Relay for Life went fairly well. There were a few things that were a little unorganized but turned out ok. The biggest thing was that we didn't have enough candles for the luminaries. We had to run around trying to find some. Luckily the funeral home and some we could use. We were still missing a few but they looked ok. I still don't know the total of money raised but should find out soon. Someone said they thought we had more this year than last year. Raising money is out main goal so if that's the case, I'm pleased.




The Burton's walking





Mom walking & reading the luminaries





Kenpo Karate demonstration





Wayne DJing. Kudos to him for being out there because he lost his wife to cancer June 1st.





Scott and Cheyenne talking a lap.





In Memory of Joan Fritz (Scott's grandma)

In Honor of Luella Pflughoeft (my Grandma, a cancer survivor).


Staci & Sara tryng to thaw their t-shirt in the frozen t-shirt contest.


My team playing the string game. We had to string our team of 5 together and then unstring us. We got 2nd!


My team's game, the yarn game.

Shawn Stockman and Karla Peters provided massages for a couple hours around midnight! The foot massage got me through the rest of the morning.

B's Bunch

The Cream Puffs game. We threw cheese puffs on their shaving cream! The team with the most puffs won!

Staci and I didn't win but I did get a few cheese puffs on her face!

Overall it went pretty well. It started raining bout 5 am so we cleaned up and left early. We didn't make it to the closing ceremony and breakfast or find out totals but at least we made it most of the night. I'm glad it's over! I don't think I will be on the committee next year but do plan on having a team and look forward to helping the American Cancer Society combat cancer.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Congrats on making it thru another year! It looks like y'all had lots of fun!