Today is the Rice County Relay for Life. This is my 2nd year to be involved and volunteered to be the co-chair and online chair. Little did I know that I would become the Chair. With it only being my 2nd year involved I've been a little clueless to what I need to be doing. There have been a lot of last minute phone calls and things trying to get everything ready to go. We lost our Survivor chair to cancer the beginning of this month. I think it's been a struggle for all of us to come together and get organized. Hopefully it all comes together tonight. It has been raining all night/morning so I'm hoping it clears off this afternoon. Although if it is raining tonight while we are all walking on the track it will mean more as those who fought cancer fought all day and night and weathered some bad times.
5:30-6:30 pm - Survivor and Participant dinners
7:00 pm - Opening Ceremony
8:00 pm - Survivor Ceremony
Survivor Lap
10:00 pm - Luminaira Ceremony
If you are out and about Lyons tonight please stop by the high school track and join us in celebrating cancer survivors, remembering those who lost their battle with cancer and fighting back for those struggling with cancer. If anyone would like to donate to the Relay for Life please let me know. We raise money for the American Cancer Society to hopefully eliminate cancer someday!
CELEBRATE. REMEMBER. FIGHT BACK.
No comments:
Post a Comment