Thursday, October 11, 2007

10 Years Ago Today - 10/11/97

Ten years ago I was 15 years old and a sophomore in high school. It was volleyball season and the JV volleyball tournament was in Chase. I was on varsity so I didn't play in the JV tournament but went to support the team. Several of the varsity players and high school boys were there to support the JV team. Since I lived so close to Chase, a bunch of us went to my house between games. After the tournament I went to Holyrood with some friends that I was going to stay the night with. We hung out at Arlen's (the Lounge that everyone hung out at in 1997!) that night. Scott Hayes and I had been talking in school and writing notes to each other for a couple weeks. This night at Arlen's, before it was time for me to leave he asked me to go "out" with him. I of course said yes and we had our first kiss. Scott and I dated all through high school and college and finally got married in 2004. And here we are today. I never would have thought that on that night in October I was saying yes to the man I was going to marry. It's fun to reminisce about the last 10 years. In fact, it's crazy to think that it has been 10 years! A lot of things have happened. We've changed from the high school sweethearts we were in October of 1997 to the husband and wife we are today in October of 2007. It's been a wonderful 10 years!

(if I can get a picture scanned from when we first started dating I will post it here later)

1 comment:

Staci said...

That was a fun walk down memory lane. Thanks for sharing!