Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Alternative Workout

My New Year's resolution was to workout more. Sometimes it is hard for me to get to the gym in the mornings. I usually have to go between 9 and 10 when someone is there to watch Cheyenne. Depending on what time she gets up or what I need to get done that morning I often don't make it up there. Before I got pregnant with Cheyenne I purchased the Playstation 2 game Dance Dance Revolution DDRMAX 2 along with 2 dance pads. It is a dancing game but also has a workout mode. I have been attempting to use it when I can't get to the gym. Some days I can work up a pretty good sweat. The first time I did it, Cheyenne was sitting on the floor next to me and was laughing while I "danced". Sometimes Cheyenne gets fussy in the middle of my workout so I pick her up and we do it together! Sometimes she laughs other times she doesn't like it and I have to quit. One of these days I will be able to get the other pad out and let her do it. That will be fun!! The workout isn't always as good as the one at the gym but at least I am doing something. And keeping my New Year's resolution!

This is what it looks like when I get ready to workout!

Cheyenne decided she wanted to play too!

This is the workout mode. It says boo because I can't play and take a picture at the same time!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love DDR!!! I'll have to come over for a DDR party some time ;)