The Birth Story
On September 3rd I had a doctor appointment and I was only dialated to about 2 3/4. My doctor said we could induce if I wanted to. I really didn't want to but Scott had 3 weeks off and we were already 10 days into it and wanted to be able to have him home for awhile. She stripped my membranes again and I went to the QH football game Friday night hoping that I'd start on my own and not have to be induced Saturday morning. No such luck. Saturday morning we dropped the girls off at mom and dad's and headed to McPherson. I think about 9:00 they started the pitocin. I was progressing rather slowly. I walked the halls hoping that would help. I was the only in the OB ward so I could walk a lot without bothering people or people bothering me! It helped a little but not a whole lot. My doctor said she could break my water and it would probably go quickly. I knew it would if she broke my water but it also means more pain. I was only at a 3 and since I don't do pain meds I thought that would be painful for a long time to get to a 10. I opted to wait until about 5 or 6 centimenters. My mom and Staci showed up with the girls in the afternoon sometime. I don't remember the time. You'd think I would because the clock was right in front of the bed. I don't know why they do that, it makes every minute go by so slow! My contractions were getting stronger so mom took the girls out in the waiting room. Staci stayed there with Scott to help me get through the contractions. About 5:00 I was checked and was between a 5 & 6 so she broke my water. That did it! They made predictions on how long it would take before he was here, Dr. Overholt said 6:15, nurse said 6:45 (nurse shift change at 7!) and Scott said 7:15. Well, Overholt was right! After only 11 minutes of pushing, Cooper graced us with his presence at 6:11 pm. What a handsome little boy we had!
We were so glad to have a healthy baby boy! Our family was now complete.
When my mom, Staci, Cheyenne and Cheryl came back in the room they were all excited! The girls just love him to pieces! Mom finally got a grandchild with dark hair! She always said she had 4 children and 2 grandchildren and none of them had dark hair or dark eyes like her. She can't say that anymore! Cooper has pretty much black hair just like Scott!
Since Cooper was healthy and everything went well, I had my tubes tied on Sunday morning. Scott and I knew this was good for our family but it was still hard to know that I wouldn't be pregnant or have a little baby ever again. That's why I am probably spoiling Cooper by holding him more than I did the girls. I just want to enjoy every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment