Wednesday, January 27, 2010

KRPA Conference

Since Tuesday, I have been in Topeka at the Kansas Recreation and Park Association conference. The Lyons Rec staff asked if I wanted to ride up with them so I did! We've had a good time. I've attended a few good sessions and a few rather boring, didn't really pertain to me sessions but overall it's been good. The Trade Show will start shortly so I'll head down there to check out the vendors, get some freebies and eat some supper. Tomorrow we'll attend a couple sessions, eat lunch and head home.

You always have good sessions and bad sessions but the major benefit from these conferences is networking. Just by talking to people in sessions, between sessions or at lunch or socials you learn alot about what other recreation commissions do. I always come back with new ideas to try!


This year they had a photographer that went around to different sessions and events taking pictures and then posted them on the website. I was captured in a few of them I thought I'd share with you. It's nice to have pictures and not have to carry around your camera!
Tim, Junior, me, Brice and Ben deciding what session to attend.

I decided on 5, 6, 7, 8 Rhythmic Games, Icebreakers and Dances

Doing the Cupid Shuffle!

Same session playing a partner icebreaker game where you walked in circles and when the music stopped you had to find your partner and do what the instructor said. Left ear to left hip!

These are only pictures from Tuesday. Today's aren't online yet. I will share them with you when they are available.

1 comment:

Staci said...

So does that mean you had a room all to yourself at the hotel? I know you miss me...but admit it. It was nice to have complete solitude for a few hours at night!

I love that they're posting pictures!