Saturday, November 07, 2009

SNAKE!!

The girls and I ran to Ellsworth today to go to the grocery store and wash the car. When we got back I noticed a piece of siding sticking out under the bathroom window and when I went to look at it I saw this SNAKE! He was huge! Scott was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up. I called my mom and she said I should kill it. I wanted to but wasn't sure how. I got a spade out of the garage and attempted to hit it on the head. He pulled back and was up against the house. I waited a little bit to see if he'd move. I tried to poke him a little and he started to slither away. When he got away from the house a little ways I attempted to drop a cinderblock on him. He pulled back right before it landed. As he started slithering away again I just started hitting him as many times as I could with the spade. He started going in the leaves under the bush and I scooped him up and moved him back and hit him some more. He was still moving his tail so I hit him several more times. I put him on the cement and hit him again. I don't like snakes and wanted to make sure he was dead. I don't want snakes around my yard with the girls playing there. I don't know my snakes but a couple people said it was a bull snake. I know he wouldn't hurt anything but I still don't like them and he had to go!



2 comments:

Staci said...

Ugh. That gives me the chills. I DO NOT like snakes!

Mike killed on one day at our house in KS. Later he told me he'd found it curled up under my car...right next to the driver's door! Soooo glad I didn't try to get in and see that!

The Dalke's said...

Good for you killing that snake. yuck!