The girls slept on the way to KC.


After our early afternoon swim we went to our room, on the 11th floor, and got ready to go do some shopping. We wanted to go to Cabela's so we headed to the Legends. We found a few things at Legends then headed to Target. Cabela's was our last stop before supper. The girls loved the animals! It's better than the zoo! We bought a electric smoker while we were there. Scott's friend has one and said the meat he cooked in it was the best he ever had! He's actually using ours for supper tonight so I can't wait to get home to try it! Then it was supper at Lone Star and back to the hotel for some more swimming. I don't have any pictures of the water park because I didn't want my camera to get wet or stolen.
The girls loved looking out he window of our 11th floor room!
It was across from Kauffman Stadium and the Royals were playing Saturday night. I even think they won!
Us before leaving the hotel.
Sunday morning we got up and headed to out to meet a friend of Scott's in Manhattan. We got there a little early and saw signs for the zoo so we decided to check it out. It wasn't that great but the girls liked seeing the animals. This is where Cabela's was better than the zoo! It was a lot of walking and not too many animals. 

Chey liked the Monkey!



Otters
They did have a tiger. He was sleeping and he was at a dead end in the trail. We had to walk back up to some stairs and pull the stroller up them. It was about 95 degrees when we were there so we were soaked with sweat before we got out of there.
They did have a tiger. He was sleeping and he was at a dead end in the trail. We had to walk back up to some stairs and pull the stroller up them. It was about 95 degrees when we were there so we were soaked with sweat before we got out of there.
We were going to go to Junction City to eat at Cracker Barrel but there was a 45 minute wait so we decided to see if we could get a table at Brookville Hotel in Abilene. We got one and had a delicious fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream corn, cole slaw, biscuit and ice cream homestyle dinner. We told our friends good-bye and headed to Salina to get a few things from Walmart and Sam's. We had to have meat for our new smoker! We got home about 6 pm and unloaded and were all wore out! It was really nice to get away for awhile though. I really enjoyed the time with my family. I'm thankful Scott and I finally had a weekend off together that we could share with the girls.
3 comments:
Oh man, it looks like you all had so much fun! I'm super jealous!! LOL
Miss you. We are planning another girls night out in September...you should come!
Looks like y'all had a great time!
Question...is Chey so big that she doesn't have to ride in a carseat anymore?!? I can't wait until Brody's big enough for that!
I don't know if Cheyenne is really actually tall enough for no carseat but she's close.
I'm up for a girls night out. Let me know when!
Post a Comment