Saturday, March 28, 2009

28 inches!

On the news this morning they said that west of Pratt got 28 inches of snow! I haven't heard the total for Lyons or Rice County but I think Great Bend and Hutch got around 14 inches so I'm sure that's about what we got. To make it worse the snow was blowing so bad that the drifts were huge! Scott couldn't even park at our house when he got home from work this morning. He could go down the alley but couldn't get in the driveway and he couldn't park in the street because of drifts. He parked by the grocery store and walked home. He was freezing and soaking wet. It was noon before he got home because his relief didn't get there until late and then they told him to take 56 to get to Lyons but when he did and got to Ellinwood, it was closed so he had to go back to Hwy. 4 and take it to Hwy. 14 to get home. He has to go back in at 5! It'll be a short day at home for him. There have been stories of several people getting stuck and having to stay in their vehicles until someone could get them out. It's crazy! I don't know why they would try to drive in it! I don't plan on leaving the house. Well, we might go play in the snow when the girls wake up! I finally found a different memory card and took some pictures.


Our alley and driveway.




Can you see how deep it is?




The drift is up to the mirror on my car.



I know of a couple weddings that were planned for today and I think one of them was postponed until tomorrow! Who would have thought we'd have this much snow the end of March! Guess March is going out like a lion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were home! I told Gradma Goalden that I was worried that you were driving in this!?! Glad to hear you were just playing with the girls and being a full-time MOM!!! :0

Love to all!

Uncle Mike & Aunt Sonya

Staci said...

HOLY COW!!! That's a TON of snow!! That's so crazy to look at when it's almost 70 degrees outside right now!