Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Next?

Last night when I got home from work I decided to go to Iron Works to work out. I ran in the house and changed clothes and headed to the gym. I worked out and visited with some friends for a little bit and then headed home. The girls were starving! It was 8:00! Oops! I couldn't feed Cheryl fast enough. She ate an entire jar of baby food spaghetti, a jar of fruit some of the noodles from my goulash and a couple bites of my bread. Cheyenne had chicken nuggets. About 9:30 Cheryl was getting cranky so I thought she was ready to go to sleep. I started nursing her. All of a sudden she threw up, all over me, her, the couch, and the floor! I took her into the bathroom in case there was more. I stripped her and me and while I was doing that Cheyenne wanted to put her juice in the fridge. Tonight of all nights I gave her a cup with a straw rather than a sippy cup. She dropped it on the floor trying to put it in the fridge. I cleaned that up and put clean jammies on both the girls. Cheyenne has spilled the juice on herself and stepped in it. My shout bottle was out so I was refilling it to spray the clothes Cheryl threw up on (white jammies), and I over flowed the bottle. I finally got that all cleaned up and started the laundry. Cheyenne layed down on the couch in the basement and went to sleep. Cheryl was still playing. I think she ate too much too fast (my fault). After she got rid of it she felt better!

Thank God that's over. I just sat there and laughed about it as I put Cheryl to sleep!

I got up a little after 6 this morning. I usually get up a little before 6 so I was already a little late. I decided I was just going to wash the girls off this morning rather than giving them a shower. (We only have the basement shower in use right now. That is another blog in itself!)Scott got Cheyenne up and got her ready and I let Cheryl sleep. She finally woke up a little after 7. I usually try to leave by 7:30 so I was just going to get her dressed and head out the door. Forget that! I picked her up, out of our bed, and my hand was wet! She had a runny, poopy diaper that went all the way up her side and down to her toes! Needless to say it was on our bed too. I cleaned Cheryl up, gave her a bath in the sink, started the sheets and her clothes in the washer and finally got on the road at 7:57. Good thing I really don't have to be to work until 9! And I walked in the door to the HRC at 8:55!

I cleaned up a lot of messes in a short period of time and hope that I don't see much more of that anytime soon! Oh, the joys of motherhood! Just laugh about it!

2 comments:

Staci said...

lol! Sounds like one messy 24 hrs! Glad that's over with!

The Dalke's said...

Oh my gosh girl! The joys of motherhood really are endless! I'm glad you still made it on time. I would have never gathered myself from that quick enough. You rock!