Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

Every year on the 4th of July, the LRC holds the Freedom Run. This year was the 29th annual 5K and 15K runs from Lyons to Sterling. We had a great turnout with 90 people pre-registering and 100 registering the day of the race. It was crazy, but fun! This year I decided to enter Cheyenne in the Cute Baby Contest held at Sterling Lake along with all the other festivities. This was the only time she'd be able to do it because it was walking to 36 months. I had to register her in the morning and the competition was at 7 pm. Scott got off work a little early and we headed over there. Cheyenne did good walking across the stage. She didn't place but we still think she's the cutest kid her age!
Cheyenne before the Cute Baby Contest.
Cheryl waiting to watch her sister walk across the stage.
They had to wear their swimsuits for the competition. Cheyenne is ready.
After walking across the stage for the judges.
When that was over we had to wait around until it got dark for the fireworks to start. Although we had some fireworks behind us in someone's back yard. Cheyenne enjoyed watching those. But those didn't prepare her for the loud ones that went off later!
Cheryl was having fun with Daddy!
Matching outfits!
Our family!
Cheyenne watching the fireworks.

Cheryl watching the fireworks!

It was a very nice fireworks display that Sterling put on. I've never been to Sterling's before but it was better than any other ones I've been to.

Cheyenne didn't make it through the whole show. She was out. The loud ones didn't even wake her!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I can't believe this is the 1st time you've ever been to the Sterling 4th of July fireworks! I missed them this year! I still can't believe how many race day registrations you had!