Thursday, April 10, 2008

Backed Up

Yesterday morning Scott called me and asked if I hadn't seen the water on the floor in the bathroom. I said no. Evidentally, the toilet overflowed. Scott got is cleaned up before he went to work. When I got home yesterday afternoon, I went downstairs to use that bathroom and there was water all over that bathroom floor. I just started crying. We've already replaced the floor in the downstairs bathroom once because the toilet leaked. I knew Scott would be mad if he had to do it again. I called my mom and Scott and tried to get ahold of a plumber. We think the sewer is backed up. I couldn't get any good plumbers that could come out yesterday. There were some others that I could try but other people haven't been very pleased with their work so I didn't even want to try. Walton's said they could be here in the morning. My mom came in yesterday afternoon to see if she could help. There wasn't much she could do except stay with the girls while I ran up town to the bathroom and help me relax and not be so uptight. I appreciated that! I picked Cheyenne up from daycare around 1:30 and planned on coming home and taking a nap with her. Since that didn't happen she was pretty cranky. And so was I! Scott had to work on putting new breaks on the car yesterday evening and he didn't get home until after 8:00. Jeremy and Adria were kind enough to let Scott shower at their house. I ran over there to go to the bathroom real quick and then Scott went over there to take a shower. To make it worse, Scott has come down with a cold too. He has a very sore throat and just feels miserable. He didn't sleep much last night. He is staying home this morning until the plumbers get there. Hopefully that will help him get some sleep. I hope this doesn't end up being too big of a job!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oh no! That stinks! Literally! lol What a great birthday present :( I hope they can fix it quickly! Is the flooring ruined down there?!? I hope not!!